Tuesday, September 6, 2011

september is good.

this month is good for many reasons. but tonight i will mention just one of those reasons. this month is national leukemia and lympthoma awareness month. we will remember where we were just one year ago. one chemo treatment down and eleven to go. that seemed like such a big number at the time. this month last year i had completed one chemo treatment. a newly decorated house. lots of visitors. flowers. gifts. meals. phone calls. emails. texts. prayers. lots of prayers. but we made it to the other side. i am cancer free. so this month we hope to make more people aware of this cancer. the cancer that changed who we are forever. i learned (just to name a few)...how to love. how to fight. how to persevere. how to endure more than i thought i could. how to rest. how to pray. how to not waste anything. not one little thing in life. how the Lord gets all the glory. every last bit of it. i am in tears as i type this short little post because i am so thankful to be on the other side. i like it here much better.

it has been raining for two days straight. i like the rain sometimes. it slows us down. we needed that.
that face. she is so concerned. i love it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. here's hoping I am where you are in a year - the other side. I'm so, so, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this libby. you are strong and it is so inspiring. i also feel like you are very quotable. "i like the rain sometimes. it slows us down" everyone needs that every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished writing about hating september. this was refreshing to read made me smile. I'm happy for you and your health. enjoy the other side (; you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed every time I read a post by you. Seriously so inspiring. I am going through a season right now, not nearly as difficult and heartbreaking as yours, but the courage I find through you is remarkable. My heart smiles when I read about your sweet Ava and how beautiful she is. Your blog has been such a blessing in my life. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.