Tuesday, January 4, 2011

we are back.

this will be short. but since there is a new header i thought i better post a little something. but i am real tired. more like exhausted. but kentucky was special. it was great. it was refreshing. it was nice to get away. more details about the trip to come tomorrow. and thanks to those of you that were concerned about the ryder family since we had not blogged. but we are okay. more than okay. just a little busy living...

but we made it home. we are safe and sound. and ava was meant to travel. she did wonderful.

i started unpacking a little tonight. but got to overwhelmed so now i am in bed with a bowl with a cereal and my mac. but i am so bummed. i unzipped a pocket of our suitcase to find that our brand new. just opened. box of formula had tipped over. gone. twenty three dollars down the drain. and i can not stop thinking about it either. but that's life.

and its almost time for number ten. typing that made me smile. in about a month we will be done with chemo. the end is near. goodnight.

17 comments:

  1. love the new header! and glad that the ryder family had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU KIDDING ME with that new header? Ava looks like an angel! So glad I got to see you guys last minute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep well little sister. I love you. I miss you already and look forward to our next visit. Glad the Ryder family is home safe and that Ava was born to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the new header is AMAZING!! my gosh Ava is so so so beautiful :) Big smiles about chemo almost being over!!!! You go girl... You give me stength!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new header is beautiful! Keeping you in prayer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome that the end is so close! And dang about the formula! That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! Ava is beautiful!! What a sweetie. I will be praying for you this week. May God give you strength this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I said on the last post...Anne Geddes would love to have this picture of Ava for some of her works....just BEAUTIFUL! Get some rest...Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Lib, your daughter is gorgeous just like her mother. I haven't even met her yet but I already love her so much. Thankful you had a great time with your fam. Missing you a lot, hope we can talk or skype soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! She is so CUTE! Keeping you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's absolutely adorable! What a perfect photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Libby, Glad you were able to get away... all the best with chemo this wk... we are cheering for you.. and we wish Ava a Happy 1st b-day...

    Your cheerleading squad

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a great trip indeed.
    Seeing you this past weekend ...and how utterly great you look seriously calmed my soul. I mean really, not sure what I was expecting but you are the same old beautiful you and I am so glad. You have risen above this on so many levels and I am so glad that the sucky stuff is almost over. Can't wait until I call you and you can complain about normal stuff like poopy diapers, Target return policies, rude drivers. etc.
    Praying for strength for tomorrow.
    We all miss you guys so much here in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way cute header!
    Sucky! The price of formula is just stupid wrong.
    Yay for being close to the end!
    I'm happy for you!
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  15. We prayed for you at community group last night and are so glad to know that you are nearing the end of your chemo. And totally been there with the spilling of the new formula, so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although it doesn't mean near as much as I am sure it means to you, seeing that you are on your 10th treatment totally just made my week!

    ReplyDelete

i read every comment. so please leave one. i love it.